Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day and May 8th

I want to start out by saying Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.  Especially, my own mother who I owe so much to.  She is the greatest mother that a person can have (I hope my girls say that about me in the future).  She is a very strong-willed, determined and loving person.  I feel so lucky to have her as my mother!

This mother's day has a special significance to me, exactly 19 months ago today I became a mother.  I can remember every moment of that day as it was yesterday, and I can't believe that it was 19 months ago.  I feel like the luckiest person in the world, that I get to be Lily and Emma's mommy!!!  They are such sweet girls.  Lily is strong-willed (like her nana and me), but a complete goof ball at the same time.  She has the cheesiest smile and she know it.  I love my morning with her, she love to cuddle and hug after she has her milk.  Emma to the outside world it quiet and reserved, but inside the house, she is so funny.  She has the best smile and can make you laugh with ease.  She keeps me on my toes and you never know what she is going to do next.  I love going into their room in the morning, Emma is always smiling and she loves to cuddle at night after her milk.

The other night, Lily woke up around 9pm and was crying. I went in and held her on the chair, she would look up at me, smile and lay her head back down.  She did this several times and it melted my heart each time.  Yes...I am the luckiest mommy in the whole wide world.

This saying was posted on my local multiples board and it really sums everything up:

"Twins"
There's two to wash, there's two to dry
There's two who argue, there's two who cry
One's in the mud having a ball,
The other holds a crayon, another marked wall.
Some days seem endless, my patience grows thin
Why was I chosen to be a mother of twins?
The answer comes clear at the end of the day,
As I tuck them in bed and to myself I say,
There's two to kiss, there's two to hug
And best of all there's
TWO TO LOVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment